Privacy & Security
Learn how Wire helps you protect your privacy and improve your security
- End-to-end encryption
- What is a key fingerprint?
- Why should I verify my conversations?
- How can I compare key fingerprints?
- Where and how are the encryption keys stored? Does Wire have access to those keys?
- How can I verify group conversation participants?
- Perfect Forward-Secrecy and Post Compromise-Secrecy
- Lock your Wire account with Face / Touch ID or Passcode on iOS
- Connect through a proxy server on desktop
- What do the various permissions on Android do?
- Who will see my profile name displayed in Wire?
- Can anyone read the messages I send on Wire?
- Where can I find the DPA (Data Processing Addendum)?
- Server locations
- What do I need to know about certificate pinning?
- What happens if there’s a data breach?
- How does Wire protect my data?
- Why do I see a red "recording" banner when I'm on a Wire call?