Wire is introducing a new Android version!
We rebuilt the app to make it more usable for everyone.
Explore Wire’s modern look with new options, improved accessibility, and better performance—with the same strong security you are used to.
We improved the following user flows based on your feedback.
- Less storage space and lower battery consumption
- Reliable app notifications and messaging
- Easy accessible main navigation and an updated conversation list with a new activity section
- Improved search for a conversation
- Easier to create 1:1 and group conversations
- Group conversations are marked with different colors to distinguish easily between 1:1 and group conversations
- Calling controls are accessible all the time during a call
- More comfortable to write longer messages as the text field adjusts accordingly
- Improved dark and light mode – fully aligned with your system settings
- Select a profile picture in your conversation to access your contact’s profiles easily
- Quickly change your availability status or switch between accounts
- Log out directly from your profile and decide if you want to keep your history
- Improved visual contrast ratios (colors) – following accessibility standard WCAG 2.1 (level AA)
- Indication of guests, federated and external contacts are more recognizable
Coming back soon
Very soon you will also be able to use those features again—in an even better way than before!
- Self-deleting messages
- Create a guest room and revoke a guest link
- Edit a message
- Sending GIFs
- Manage your devices
- Change your profile name
- Turn read receipts in group conversations on or off
- Send and receive audio messages
- Send and receive pings
- Share extensions from other apps
Coming back in 2023
- Use folders
- Archive conversations
- Change your email address
- Change your username
- See link previews and change setting
Look also out for more UI and UX improvements!
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org.