Wire will ask for permission to access your camera the first time you want to start a video call on your desktop.
On Windows, macOS, or Linux:
Only one application can access the camera at a time. If Wire is unable to access the camera, check that no other application is using it. If another application uses your camera, close this application. If this does not help, please restart your device.
On Wire for web:
Wire requires the latest version of Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox (no private browsing).
If you have previously denied access, you can update those settings:
1. Click the lock symbol in the URL:
2. Go to the camera section, and switch the toggle to ON.
1. Click the camera symbol in the URL bar:
2. Click Blocked X for the camera.
1. Click the lock symbol.
2. Select Allow in the camera section.
Please be aware: Camera access can be blocked by Internet security software. Find more information for example here.