Wire will ask for permission to access your microphone the first time you want to start a call on your desktop.
On Windows, macOS, or Linux:
Only one application can access the camera at a time. If Wire cannot access the camera, check that no other application is using it. If another application uses your camera, close this application. If this does not help, please restart your device.
Please also check your Wire Preferences:
1. Click Preference.
2. Click Audio / Video.
3. Check which microphone you are using.
On Wire for web:
Wire requires the latest version of Chrome, Edge, or Firefox (no private browsing).
The first time you make a call, you will be asked for permission to allow access to your microphone:
If you have previously denied access, you can update those settings:
1. Click the lock symbol in the URL:
2. Go to the microphone section, and switch the toggle to ON.
3. Reload the page.
1. Click the microphone symbol in the URL bar:
2. Click Blocked X for the microphone.
1. Click the lock symbol.
2. Select Allow in the microphone section.
On mobile devices:
iOS, microphone access is managed under Settings > Privacy > Microphone, where you can turn the microphone for Wire on or off.
Android, microphone access is enabled during app installation.