As an admin or owner you have access to the team settings (teams.wire.com). In the People tab you are able to change the roles for each person on your team.
A team member is a user that is part of the team. Team members can easily find each other and start conversations. Team members can create and delete conversations, add and remove team members in conversations, and invite guests to a team conversation.
A team admin is a team member with administrator rights, which allow them to add or remove other team members. Team admins can also promote and demote users from members to admins and update team settings. The team can have multiple team admins.
A team owner has the same rights as the admin, plus access to the billing section of a team. The team can have multiple owners. Only owners can invite people as owners to the team.
An external, for example a client or a contractor, is part of your team. Externals have less rights than team members. The external role has a few limitations:
- Externals lose their conversation history and are automatically logged out of Wire when they are removed from the team. This is in contrast to guests – as guests do not belong to a team, their conversation history can not be erased.
- Externals can only find team members who are in the same group conversations. They can be added to group conversations by other members of your team.
- Externals can leave a group conversation, but they cannot create one or change its settings.
- Externals can not be promoted and demoted.
- Externals can change their notification settings for a conversation.
- Other team members can find externals by searching for their usernames.
- An overview about external communication on Wire can be found here.
As a team owner or admin you can remove team members from your team. When you removed someone, this person will loose the complete conversation history and will not have access to his or her Wire account.